A compendium of original and borrowed content regarding Tablet PCs and fun Technologies

Monday, April 7, 2008

Thanks Apple iPhone

A big thank you to Apple and the iPhone for introducing the general public to the ease of touch screen inputiphone460 on a  mobile computer.  I don't own an iPhone, but plenty of my friends do and they think it's the greatest thing in the world. 

As I watch my friends play with their iPhones and iPod touch, it reinforces my feelings that Touch really is the most intuitive method of input. Touch is simple to use because of onscreen, menu-driven instructions. Touch screen technology has been around for years, but it took Apple to bring it it mainstream and I couldn't be happier.

But it's not just the iPhone that has made Touch mainstream. In the past two weeks, I have been on the road, and have encountered touch screen kiosks wherever I went including ATMs, e-ticket check-in, and even a wedding registry. In Seattle, I bypassed the desk and used the Dollar rental car kiosk as well as the Embassy Suites electronic check. in.  I tried to use the kiosk 27poguespost_190to program my room key, but the kiosk didn't work...  and I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this problem.

So my question is... what have you touched lately and has it made your life easier?

 

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS134538+25-Mar-2008+BW20080325

StumbleUpon Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: