A compendium of original and borrowed content regarding Tablet PCs and fun Technologies

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

TabletKiosk, Channel Marketing and the Distribution Channel

It seems that for every 2 years that I stay at TabletKiosk, I am assigned a new job title / function and take on new responsibilities – and so I am now back into the land of Channel Marketing where I am overseeing our VAR channel and Distributor relationships.


To be very frank, the Channel Marketing role is a very good fit for my skills and background, and I feel that my previous job history has been a great training ground for this new endeavor. Capture


TabletKiosk has always had a Channel sales strategy, however, we never put together a formal Reseller strategy to attract new VAR partners, educate our dealers and manage our products that are sold through distribution. This is the new role which I have taken on, and I am very excited to get my feet wet and grow our channel sales accordingly. I am going to re-invigorate this blog and will be writing more about our reseller partnerships, key findings about the distribution channel and best practices I learn along the way.


One of the first steps I am taking is to sign up new reseller partners that can help us expand our visibility. We recently began selling our products through PC Mall, and yesterday we held a training Lunch and Learn session at their Torrance phone center.


If you are a TabletKiosk reseller, I encourage you to check follow this blog to stay up to date about the latest TabletKiosk happenings.


image

StumbleUpon Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: