OK, I made it through my first Tablet Tuesday. The results were kind of mixed, a wasn't as mobile as I would have liked to be, and I never got out of the office. But I did stay undocked and untethered all day and spent my day sans keyboard, mouse and monitor.
Here are some of my findings:
- I write a lot slower than I type.
- My battery lasted 3.5 hours with wireless (no bluetooth)
- Vista handwriting recognition is improved, but it's still not perfect
- I missed my keyboard more than I missed a mouse
- I can't wait until our new onscreen keyboard is ready for release
- OneNote 2007 rocks - love the lasso
- I like inking in Outlook for emails (I'm not sure if my recipients liked it)
However, it does bring up the point that most of our tablets and UMPCs are mounted in some way instead of being used for 100% mobile usage.
If you are using a slate tablet, let me know how you use it and how often it is docked...