Last week, our team participated in four intense days of Power Point presentations, new product trainings, forecasting,
heated lively discussions and a round of miniature golf, also known as the TabletKiosk Sales Meeting. We hold these meetings 2x per year (in January, right after CES and in August) to bring our Sales team to the corporate office in California, to share information and updates.
We had quite a few new faces at this meeting, because since the beginning of the summer, we added several new team members, including Harold Winkles (formerly of Motion Computing) as our Western Region Sales Manager and Ed Stein (formerly of Global Streams) as our Central Region Sales Manager. Ken Hughey, who had been handling sales for the Central Region, is now working in a newly created Business Development role.
Now as I am going through my notes and remembering last week's overflowing meeting room (19 people in our conference room was cozy, not crowded) it's fun to reflect on some of the milestones happening (and soon to be happening) at TabletKiosk.
- Our current line has 6 tablet models. In 2009, that number should bump up to 10 base SKUs
- Our revenues continue to grow by over 100% each year
- In the next six months, we will need to expand the office area by either knocking down walls or moving support staff to a new building
- We moved our US corporate offices and warehouse to a much larger facility -- and John got a brand new forklift to go with it
- Our Taiwan team expanded its Engineering staff and QC team and also moved offices to double their office space
- We opened a new European service center in Germany
- We secured a new partner to manufacture the eo i7300 series
- We established a new company network infrastructure
Big thanks to all who helped make all this happen. Special thanks to Amber, Ronni, Lauren, Mary, Gene, Grant, John, Cliff, Robert, Jimmy, Iverson, Catherine, Ira, Ken and Dan. See you all in Bora Bora.