A compendium of original and borrowed content regarding Tablet PCs and fun Technologies

Friday, August 3, 2012

How Many USB Devices Do You Want to Use With Your Tablet PC?

As full-enterprise-grade mobile computers, all Tablet PCs from TabletKiosk offer a multitude of USB ports so that you can incorporate all of your favorite accessories and components via USB connection.

Here is an overview of the USB offerings in our best selling Tablets…

SAHARA SLATE PC i500
2x Standard USB 2.0 Slots and a Combination USB / eSATA slot -- for a total of 3 ports

i500_io_ports

SAHARA NETSLATE A510
The Sahara NetSlate a510 has 2x USB 3.0 ports.

a510_io_ports

Both the Sahara Slate PC and the Sahara NetSlate can be housed in our Docking Cradles or VESA Mounts.  Both of these offer
4x USB 2.0 ports. 

The Docking Cradle and VESA Mount are identical, except the Docking Cradle incorporates the following product enhancements.
                                       1) Includes detachable and adjustable 3-position kick stand 
                                       2) Includes AC Adapter

TK-5XX-DOCK_leftimg_500_VESA_detail2

I’m sitting at my desk, writing this blog on my personal Sahara Slate PC i500CAD (Core i7 processor, 8GB RAM and an 80GB SSD).  I am using a wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse (plugged into the USB).  I also have my iPhone plugged into one USB slot and I have awesome speakers plugged into the second slot. This leaves me with one extra slot to attach anything I want…

What type of cool gadgets do you think I should hook up to my tablet?  All suggestions welcome…

StumbleUpon Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can you upload Solidworks or a CAD program similar , I like the mouse option it is the only reason why I could never use one for CAD software , the software was never written for touch screen

Gail Levy said...

HI Scott,
As long as the machine meets your minimum specs to run Solidworks or another CAD program, there is no reason why you can't use the Sahara Slate PC. The Sahara Slate PC series also gives you the option to turn the touch screen off if you want to use the pen only.